- This event has passed.
Visible Learning Institute – Day 1
June 17, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pmBoth Days: $399
THIS IS A TWO DAY EVENT: June 17 & 18. The $399 fee covers both days.
The Corwin Visible Learning Institute is a two-day conference designed to introduce you to the core concepts and research of Visible Learning. Visible Learning is an in-depth school change model of professional learning and development based on the research of Professor John Hattie. Through the lens of Visible Learning evidence, you will learn to systematically examine effective instructional practice in order to determine the “impact” on student achievement and learning. By considering the effects of the practices of teachers and leaders, schools will be able to make substantial gains in student achievement.
During this conference participants will learn:
- The key philosophy of Visible Learning and the major factors that influence student learning and achievement
- The importance of effect sizes as a useful way to measure progress
- The key characteristics of assessment capable learners (students who can answer: Where am I going? How am I going? Where to next?)
- The mind frames leaders need to have in order to impact student achievement and instruction
- The role of feedback
- The importance of learning intentions and success criteria
Register today and join us as we look at the research of John Hattie, Visible Learning: a professional development program for district, school leaders and teachers, that explores how evidence can be used to create innovation in the learning environment.
Details and Registration
Plus watch a video of John Hattie discussing Visible Learning